Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

Seeking Character Artist for Demo Game

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Dayl polycounter lvl 7
Hello everyone!

I'm here looking for a Character Artist to help out with placeholder character art for a video game demo that I'm developing. The game is a fantasy RPG, and we're just developing a small demo as proof of concept. The main objective is to gain experience in collaborating on a small project, and bringing it to completion.
A lot of the demo is already finished, including most of the art and game mechanics. You can see an early demo video here: http://https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDv9x1WKz8E Since that video I've added conversation mechanics (with audio recorded by some very talented voice actors), the rest of the castle and an outside environment, as well as some more NPCs, and a few other little things. The one thing that takes me the longest and prevents me from getting other things done is modeling the characters...which is where you come in!

Your job is to produce simple character models for use in the demo. All the art is placeholder art, but is indicative of the art direction the final game will take. The art should look as good as you can make it within a short time. This position is ideal for a talented student or amateur who wants to test their skills in a small scale production environment. 

This is the current art style for characters. This is the most detailed character I've done, since it's the main character, and I don't expect all of the characters to hold up to this level of detail, this is merely the style we're going for.

You can work in whichever program you like, all I need is the final .obj and the texture files.

The concept art provided will be along these lines:

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

If you're interested in hearing more, please email me at sagan.tucker@gmail.com with a little bit about yourself and some examples of your work. I look forward to hearing from you!