Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hitman - M1911 Silverballers (WIP)

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Mossbros polycounter lvl 9
just a little scene I will be working on for my showreel, been doing more weapon stuff as of late. 
I'd say I've finished the highpoly, so it's onto the low next. I'll also be making a carry case along with this, just to give it a bit more style. 

Replies

• Zi0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zi0 polycounter
    Looks nice! Are you going to make a silencer as well?
  • Mossbros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zi0 said:
    Looks nice! Are you going to make a silencer as well?
    I was thinking about it, but now it's been mentioned more than likely :)
  • Mattvaughn12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mattvaughn12 polycounter lvl 9
    HUGE fan of the Hitman series from my youth. Are you going to be putting the logo and custom engraving on the slide? I agree you should do the silencer. Possibly even the briefcase that everything came packaged in to make a nice environment render?
  • Mossbros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HUGE fan of the Hitman series from my youth. Are you going to be putting the logo and custom engraving on the slide? I agree you should do the silencer. Possibly even the briefcase that everything came packaged in to make a nice environment render?
    yea that's the route I want to take this :)
    I was going to make the suitcase from the hitman film, as it has more things in it (sniper rifle, knives the while lot)  But, the guns in the film aren't even the same ones, to be honest the only thing they got right is he is a hitman and bald. 

Film:

Real game replica

• Mossbros
  • mcgillchris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mcgillchris polycounter lvl 4
    This is looking killer. Pun intended. The metal texture on the barrel is a little too clean imo. On the whole I'd say your textures could use some more micro details. Also the roughness looks off in a couple of places. Maybe throw in a a layer or two of roughness variation.The silencer material isn't super readable. I cant tell if its painted metal, or just a dark metal, etc. Its particularly noticeable in the shadow on the bottom picture. It's got a lot of reflection to it that throws me off. Also the wood texture is way too simple. It looks like a wood texture has just been put on top, without any normal or roughness info. The models are very crisp, kudos on that. Great work!
  • Mossbros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @mcgillchris
    Thank you for the crit, I have made a grimy version but didn't feel the textures were any good. This had to be ready for a deadline so I decided to post what I had, but I will probably take the textures further. 
    This is the previous version with grimy worn textures 

• Mossbros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Forgot to update this, so may as well. 
    Re textured it to be more ornate.