My name is Marcos Frazão, i'm 3D artist student and have been doing for roughly one year some studies and working on a real time unreal engine 4 archviz. I have to stop and study some things i don't know, learn some pipeline and progression for best usage of my tools on what i'm doing.
Let's speak about what really interest here, this archviz i'm doing is an apartment (a big one) and it is full of props. I'm also not an architect, but when i saw Unreal Paris, i fall in love and really wanted to do this as hobby and maybe if i succeed... shift this to my profession.Lets talk a bit more about the project, the apartment have:
Number of props per room:
- elevator on lobby
- service room with stairs (not playable)
- two environment living room
- a little yard
- a corridor
- home office
- another bedroom (not playable)
Total of unique objects: 420 (including the apartment walls, floors and all props)Some information of props and the project:
- elevator: 8
- apartment props (lamp, light switches and etc): 12
- window and doors (they are splited): 18
- yard: 26
- bathroom: 30
- scullery: 17
- corridor: 3
- kitchen: 64
- home office: 57 (plus props from computer: 11, props from mermaid sculpt: 12)
- Lobby: 22
- Bedroom: 35
- Living room: 37 (plus props from home bar: 23, props from fish tank wall: 19)
What are the progress for now?Meshes: 100%Mesh optimization: 100%Textures: 30%Unreal Engine 4: 0%I have modeled or sculpt all the meshes on this archviz?
- Some objects will have two or more textures for real time change (not all)
- The fish tank wall is huge, but unfortunately the fishes inside it won't be animated, since i don't know how to do this now
- I'm a bit concerned with the external part of apartment, not going to model and texture buildings, street and etc, but i'm also not much fan of sphere skybox photos.
- As i'm not architect, many real archtects will look at this and probably dislike. Archviz are clean and minimalist on most of times, mine is a mess of props everywhere i did in order to make the apartment the feel someone living there.
- The apartment also have errors, the living room with 2 enviroments was too big and almost gave me headache, i'm also place some of the doors in a bizarre form, please do not laugh so much when i present this.
- I'm aiming to do the best i can do now, and i want to extract the best from unreal engine 4, my engine of choice to build this archviz.
- This going to be a very demanding archviz i guess, i have extensive optimized the meshes, but there are alot of props and there is no lods on meshes (i will try to use the auto lod tool from ue4). Also i'm doing everything as 4K and 2K basis, when i'm going to export the models i will try to make 1k and 512k maps for things with less detail, like a kitchen fork for example.
- I would love to do an installer or external launcher for the archviz, but right now i can't do this, i'm also going to lack of some ui and menu for configuration of ingame settings of archviz on this version, and there is no VR support for now (i don't have one!)
No, some part is just mesh optimization from high polymesh for game mesh, this takes several time to do and is extreme time consuming as you already know, because even the mesh is already done i have to redo the uvs. And like everyone here, i hate uvs because they are evil.I have created all textures on this archviz?
No, some is substances, some is free tex, some is paid tex, some is paid substances, some i did by myselfThere is easter eggs on this archviz?
Sure, a bunch of then! i'm doing this one first of all for learn the proccess, understang the pipeline, improve my portfolio, get better skills with the tools i'm using for do this, so there is no restriction on it.
Let me show some props i have done and it's is basicaly ready for drop on unreal engine 4, i'm uploading some assets to artstation, you can find on my personal portfolio: https://www.artstation.com/artist/frazao