Home Unreal Engine

Lighting Glitch on moveable mesh

I'm getting this weird banding on my doors. Anyone know how to fix this?
https://youtu.be/5weU8_1N9tw

Replies

• Obscura
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Select the mesh, and on the details panel, under lighting, there is a dropdown called indirect lighting cache quality. Try setting that from "point" to "volume".

You can also try increasing theamount of indirect lighting samples. You can do that by going to the world settings of the level, and under the lightmass settings, there this setting. You can also visualize those points by clickon on "show" on the top left corner of the viewport, then visualize-> Volume lighting samples.
  • xAnnihil4ti0nx
    Obscura said:
    Select the mesh, and on the details panel, under lighting, there is a dropdown called indirect lighting cache quality. Try setting that from "point" to "volume".

You can also try increasing theamount of indirect lighting samples. You can do that by going to the world settings of the level, and under the lightmass settings, there this setting. You can also visualize those points by clickon on "show" on the top left corner of the viewport, then visualize-> Volume lighting samples.
    Sadly, It didn't work. I turned Volume Light placement scale all the way down,  turned indirect lighting quality all the way up and switched  the lighting cache quality to volume.
  • Obscura
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Did you rebuild the lighting after applying the changes?
  • xAnnihil4ti0nx
    Yes I did. I also increased to quality to production and tried increasing the light map resolution to 256. No luck so far.

Thanks for the advice though I really appreciate it.
  • xAnnihil4ti0nx
    Checking Single sample shadow from stationary lights on the static mesh details seemed to fix it.