Home Unreal Engine

Modo model to UE4, rig breaking location on import

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Zack Maxwell interpolator
I've rigged a simple chest so I could animate it opening, and for some reason it's getting pushed up in the Z direction upon import in UE4.
It imports fine without the rig included.
I've been at this all day, and have no idea what the cause is. I've tested the exported .FBX in other software, and it's fine. The issue is occurring upon importing into UE4. Everything seems fine in UE4 aside from the translation error.
Attempting to manually offset it in Modo as a test had... strange results. Basically, it never goes where you'd expect any time it moves.

Replies

• Obscura
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    In the skeletal mesh editor, there is a checkbox called something like use ref-pose. Try enabling that.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Offline / Send Message
    If you mean in UE4, it is activated. It's the import option labled "Use T0As Ref Pose".
  • Zack Maxwell
    Offline / Send Message
    After a lot of searching, the issue seems to be that the root bone is getting offset and dragging the rest along with it. I still have no idea why, though.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Offline / Send Message
    So, I'm still having this issue. I completely redid both the model and the rig, and the same issue is still occurring. I've tried everything I could to zero out any position settings on the rig, and it hasn't fixed it.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Offline / Send Message
    Welp, things are continuing to get crazier. I realized that the positioning was actually correct when the object was inserted into a scene instead of simply previewed, so I decided to just go with it and move on to animations. But now the animations, which I stored as Actions, are only exporting the very first frame stretched out across the full animation, as you can see here.

I also got this intense list of errors upon uploading it to Sketchfab;
    • generic : 
      dynamic library 'osgPlugins-3.5.6/osgdb_osganimation.so' does not exist (or isn't readable):
    • animation : 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Lid_15 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'RootNode_23 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Shelf_21 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Locks_10 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Shelf_Cap_7 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Lid_11 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Shelf_12 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_R_Cap_18 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Lid_Cap_14 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_L_4 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Shelf_21 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_R_6 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Shelf_Cap_7 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Shelf_8 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_L_17 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Root_9 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Root_22 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Root_9 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Lid_11 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Body_0 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lid_2 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_L_17 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lid_Cap_1 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Shelf_Cap_20 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Handle_13 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lid_Cap_1 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'RootNode_23 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_R_Cap_5 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Shelf_Cap_20 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Shelf_Cap_20 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lid_2 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Handle_13 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lid_15 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Body_0 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_R_6 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Shelf_21 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lid_Cap_14 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Locks_10 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Locks_10 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_L_17 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_L_Cap_16 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_L_Cap_16 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Root_22 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lid_15 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Handle_13 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Shelf_12 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_L_Cap_3 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lid_Cap_14 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Shelf_12 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Shelf_8 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'RootNode_23 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_R_19 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_L_Cap_3 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_R_19 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Lid_11 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Body_0 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_L_Cap_16 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_R_19 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Root_22 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_R_Cap_18 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'scale' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_L_4 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'rotate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_R_Cap_18 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Root_9 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed. 
      Channel 'translate' with target 'Skeleton_Lock_R_Cap_5 'seems redundant with stacked transform and has been removed.