Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Row Boat

JEmerson
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
JEmerson polycounter lvl 7
So I am working on a row boat. As part of this, I decided I wanted to begin delving into zBrush as well. The intent of this is to take it into Unreal Engine eventually. As I am a first (literally) time zBrush sculpter, I am looking for some criticism on areas of immediate concern as well as long-term areas of improvement. So... here goes.

zBrush Sculpt

Forgot to include the rope.

Blockout

Reference

Replies

• Crazy_pixel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crazy_pixel interpolator
    Your mesh looks good so far :smile:
    Do you plan multiple texture versions to make a complete scene like a harbour or something?
  • JEmerson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JEmerson polycounter lvl 7
    Your mesh looks good so far :smile:
    Do you plan multiple texture versions to make a complete scene like a harbour or something?
    Thank you! I will be doing textures in substance designer so that I can expose some parameters for easy creation of multiple instances. I will also add some procedural generated cracks/divots/pimples to help further that as well, and expose those functions for the "end user". I havn't decided on a scene yet - but in the future I anticipate including this in one.
  • Daf57
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daf57 polycounter lvl 9
    Looks great! Impressive first ZBrush endeavor! :)
  • yurid9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yurid9 polycounter lvl 10
    Looks good. Depending on what style you are going for, a bit stylised or realistic, you can add all that fine details in textures and I think you have enough details in the sculpt for bigger chips and dents.