Offline / Send Message
katana polycounter lvl 14
Bravo Westworld, Bravo!

Replies

• Schultzie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Schultzie polycounter lvl 13
    I'm surprised a thread wasn't started sooner.  After AMC dropped the ball on the Prisoner remake I was concerned Westworld would follow suit, but I really enjoyed this season.  It'll be a long wait until 2018.
  • Fuiosg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuiosg polycounter lvl 5
    The show was quite good, but what annoying fans and media attention. So many prognosticators trying to figure out every twist and turn.
  • Add3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Add3r polycounter lvl 11
    Fuiosg said:
    The show was quite good, but what annoying fans and media attention. So many prognosticators trying to figure out every twist and turn.
    Isn't that the real draw to this show though?  Questioning reality, and trying to figure out that question of what is consciousness and what or where is this "maze"?.  The show is one big Turing Test in a way, forcing you to question everything.  I would say that is the exact sort of following it wanted, with the amount of really well executed plot twists.  I loved every moment of this first season, easily one of my new favorite TV shows.

That finale was everything I wanted from the show, the expansion of the world they are in.  Bravo.  
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Schultzie said:
    ...  It'll be a long wait until 2018....

Yep. GoT survived it's long wait, I'm sure this one will too. Great stuff, well worth a re-watch.

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, that was a great finale.

What was up with the samurai swordsmen? SW = Samurai World?
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It was a reference to Future World the sequel to the movie...pretty clear we will be seeing another extension to the park....hopefully anyway.
  • Add3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Add3r polycounter lvl 11
    There were many references to other parks in the last two episodes.  There was a shot of the notebook that "Bernard" was holding where there was a sketch of an arena and a mech/warrior type combat looking robot (I think it was the finale?).  Also shots include, the obvious, Samurai's in the SW zone, and a couple times where they mention "worlds" instead of a singular world that is under the company that owns WestWorld.  The man in black mentions "I own these worlds", then Bernard mentions "worlds", followed by the finale after-show talk, one of the producer says something like "in these worlds that these characters live in".  

West World is just the beginning :D So stoked for the next 4-5 seasons.  I hate to be a fellow prognosticator that was mentioned before, but this show/world(s) is so intriguing.  
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    I think in the movie, there was Medieval World, West World, and Roman World (Pompei). The sequel had Spa World and Future World.

But this series has almost nothing in common with the original source. It's phenomenal.

I mean it reminds me of Memento, 12 Monkeys, Jurrassic Park, and Ex Machina.
    Not to mention Ford has some Hannibal Lecter in there.

This is my favourite show on TV.
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    Loved it. Great performances all round, especially by Anthony Hopkins. Gave me the chills just like when first I watched Silence of the Lambs in the cinema. And then you still end up wondering who really is the bad guy in the end.