Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Victorian Castle Interior Scene [WiP]

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
julian polycounter lvl 3
Hello everyone, this is my first environment I'm working on as a portfolio piece. So far I just have most of the pieces I need for the environment, suggestions?

I've gotten through various iterations. It originally started as a castle exterior, then to a balcony scene, and finally decided to go with an interior Victorian corner piece.

So I've decided to make different arrangements to my scene. I didn't like how many pieces I was using so I changed the look and reduced the amount of pieces.
 I decided to make this balcony scene my main focus with what I had already created and finally got a new computer which allowed me to mess with lighting without crashing every time :D. I personally think this looks a lot more interesting but I'm open for any suggestions.. Even the tiniest of suggestions

Just need a couple more things to model and i'll be ready to start knocking out highpolys and textures one by one. I'll be using substance painter but I'm very new to it so all suggestions are valuable :)

Suggestions?

Replies

• julian
    Offline / Send Message
    julian polycounter lvl 3

I imported all my new models into UE4 and I feel like it's still a bit too boring so my next goal is to give a stronger story and more visual interest
  • julian
    Offline / Send Message
    julian polycounter lvl 3

My reference

This will be my final layout and just stick it til the end. Unless there are suggestions? :) 

I'm just gonna go ahead and start modeling the rest of the interior props for now

-Julian
  • julian
    Offline / Send Message
    julian polycounter lvl 3
    the start to make my first camera angle...Slowly pans out to thisStart to my second angle
    ends here
    I really tried my best to give the story about a person working sleepless nights studying poison due to a recent arrow assassination attempt and accidentally ate a fatal amount of a poisonous flower(Which will be behind the plate)

I'll just have to fill the other tables with props and the window area with flower pots containing some of the poison flowers.

In terms of composition I personally like the way it feels but haven't gotten any input on it so far so I'm completely open for changes. The giant portrait above the fireplace will be the person who poisoned themselves. i was planning on making him feel very intimidating and gloomy and merciless, as to a reason why someone would want to kill him.. If you guys think that'll help the story at all, and hopefully it fits well where I've placed it in my camera angles  :D

let me know what you think
  • julian
    Offline / Send Message
    julian polycounter lvl 3

Messing with foliage for the first time. Still some adjusting I need for the obvious repetition to the ivy and things like that
  • Gikkio
    Offline / Send Message
    Gikkio polycounter lvl 8
    very big work!!! Texturize all It will be a torment! :o
  • julian
    Offline / Send Message
    julian polycounter lvl 3
    @Gikkio ah yeah this is a lot to texture you're right. Then I think I won't worry about finishing it all in a hurry. I'll just grab a few major props like the table, chair and center book and make those look really nice for a portfolio. Good point, thank you!