Home General Discussion

subscribed threads

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
rage288 polycounter lvl 7
Hello there jolly polycounters, quick n´ easy:
How the f*ck do I unsubscribe to the "WAYWO" thread? Posted some shit there a while ago and now I´m getting BOMBARDED with emails. Dont want to to turn off mail notifications but the mails regarding that thread are busting my balls.

Cheers! Have a nice weekend

Replies

• PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    http://polycount.com/discussions/bookmarked

Then un-star the threads you don't want to sub to.
  • rage288
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I dont have any bookmarked threads. Im talking about a thread where I posted and then it keps sending me emails whenever someone posts wich is in the case of that thread (what are you worfking on) is every 4 minutes. I dont want to cancel all notifications, only those comming from that thread, its not a bookmarked thread

• PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Then, in the current system, you gonna have to uncheck >> Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in <<
    And Subscribe/Favorite to what you really want to see update. or when someone mention you.

Below is my notification settings.

• rage288
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    damn, that sucks, but i guess its the only way for now. thanks man!

• Joopson
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    I recently made the jump, and once you get used to favoriting the threads you care about, it feels pretty much the same. I wish commenting would auto-favorite, but apparently it's not possible yet with the current system.
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson said:
    I recently made the jump, and once you get used to favoriting the threads you care about, it feels pretty much the same. I wish commenting would auto-favorite, but apparently it's not possible yet with the current system.
    If that's the case; then it would be the same as checking >> Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in <<
    So, I don't think commenting should auto-fav.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in" is a blanket system, it doesn't let you unsubscribe from high-traffic threads. It's better to turn that off, and manually choose which threads you want notifications for, by clicking "Add To Favorites".
  • ashraful mobin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ashraful mobin polycounter lvl 10
    thank you PyrZern ! you saved my inbox from crashing ! :smiley:
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    damn, @PyrZern  shooting for mod status :)
  • birb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    birb interpolator
    *shakes fists in the air*
    Raise up from the dead, thread!

So, I found myself in the same situation others here, and being a big nerd I wrote a rudimentary userscript to auto fav threads upon replying. It adds a small checkbox under the reply textarea that can be on or off by default:

I thought it might be useful for whoever stumbles on this thread in the future. To use it you'll need an userscript extension. I use Tampermonkey on both my desktop browser (it's based on Chromium) and my mobile browser (Firefox).

// ==UserScript==
    // @name		Polycount Thread Auto Fav
    // @namespace		polycount
    // @description Automatically favorite threads when replying
    // @version 1.0 // @author birb // @match https://polycount.com/* // @require http://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.4.1.min.js // @run-at document-end // ==/UserScript== this.$ = window.jQuery.noConflict(); ;(function ( $, undefined ) { // Set to "false" to disable autofav by default var default_fav = true // Cosmetic Changes var bookmark_form_opt = '<div class="CUSTOM_autofav_form" style="padding-top: .75em;"><label style="color: inherit;"><div id="CUSTOM_autofav" class="icheckbox icheck-item icheck[rmcrd]" style="vertical-align: baseline; width: 1.3em; height: 1.3em;"></div> Auto Favorite thread upon replying</label></div>'; $('#Form_Comment div div.TextBoxWrapper').append(bookmark_form_opt); if(default_fav) { $('#CUSTOM_autofav').addClass('checked'); } // AutoFav checkbox support $('#CUSTOM_autofav').click(function(e) { e.preventDefault(); $(this).toggleClass('checked'); }); // AutoFav function $('#Form_PostComment').click(function(e) { // only bookmark when fav is enabled and it's not already faved if ($('#CUSTOM_autofav').hasClass('checked') && !$('.PageControls.Top a.Bookmark').hasClass('Bookmarked')) { $('.PageControls.Top a.Bookmark')[0].click(); } }); })(window.jQuery.noConflict());

• sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Noice!
    Damn boi, are you shooting for mod status, too :)
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Love this. Kudos!
  • birb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    birb interpolator
    I'm glad to help! Isn't that an incredibly elegant script with that makeshift fancy Bookmark button auto-click and everything? 

I should note I've been using it for a couple of weeks without issues, but don't hesitate to let me know if anything breaks.