Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Pathkiller

null
     Hi guys,

For far too long I've been using my full-time job as an excuse to not work on my art and take the step towards 3D media (which I've always wanted to get into). I'm hoping this sketchbook will encourage me to work on areas that I feel I need to improve on and maybe have me uploading more often. 

At the moment I feel like my art has gone stale, drawing the same beautiful ladies over and over again, never coming up with something original and I rely on colors way too much. I want to focus more on composition and balance, drawing environments and objects (rather than people), and exploring new mediums (mainly 3D sculpting).

Wish me luck! And feedback always appreciated.

Replies

• pathkiller
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pathkiller null
    To begin with.... I've been thumbnailing random scenes that come to mind, pushing myself to work with a limiting grayscale. I used a reference for the first one. I'm not used to using references so I think I could benefit from more of them in the future.    o:)

Then I fell back into my comfort zone using vibrant colors.

• pathkiller
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pathkiller null

(somehow I deleted my own post? so here we go again) More thumbnailing. I worked approx 30 minutes on these each and I'm most proud of the skyline one, with the big guy/monster. I feel like it tells a story and I managed to capture the scale of him that I wanted. I wonder if I could go even further though- ...more dramatic.

I also wanted to add this unfinished environment practice from 8 months ago.
    I dig the faux isometric look so I'm considering doing more like it.
  • pathkiller
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pathkiller null

I don't know if I've ever drawn houses before? But these were fun to work on. Traditional Swedish houses. I'm planning on stacking quite a few on top of each other to make a chaotic tower on the archipelago. I think it would make a neat concept!