Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

2 Week - 3D Video Game Environment Artist Mentorship $30

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
ddoan88 polycounter lvl 7
Hey polycounters,

I just wanted to share with everyone a short mentorship I have posted up on Gumroad that goes for 2 weeks. This is due to Christmas and the holidays or else it would normally be 1 full month. Check out all the mentorship info here. https://gum.co/puDCH

If you have any questions feel free to post them here or tweet them at me @dallas_doan.

My artstation is: https://ddoan88.artstation.com/

Replies

• ddoan88
    Offline / Send Message
    3 spots left! 

• jesusblasco
    Offline / Send Message
    jesusblasco polycounter lvl 2
    Just took a spot on Dallas Doan gumroad mentorship! :)

I'm a 3D game art student, started 7 months ago and I'm having a great fun in 3D ^^, let's see how much I can improve with Dallas he seems a very nice guy.

• ddoan88
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Jesus! Glad to have you on board and can't wait to get start helping you grow as an artist!
  • ddoan88
    Offline / Send Message
    Two days left for sign up!
  • ddoan88
    Offline / Send Message
    Last day remaining on this offer. 3 Spots left. I am genuinely curious and would love some feedback on this mentorship. Is the low interest due to the time of year? The price? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
  • Jonas Ronnegard
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonas Ronnegard polycount sponsor
    I think these mentorship deals are really interesting and I would love to take part in one if the artist is really good at something I'm not, so I think the idea itself would be interesting for many. For you I guess your problem is probably the Artstation page you posted, I think the plants vs zombies environments are great but your personal pieces might be bringing you down a bit, also there is just a few pieces and some of the work doesn't feel 100% finished. I just think you need more evidence of your skill, probably? looking at the environments I'm quite sure you have it, you just need more work to present it with.
  • ddoan88
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the honest feedback. My gut was telling me that was the issue as well. I'm currently making some plans on how I am going to improve on my personal work going forward and only posting finished assets. Maybe I'll bring back the mentorship program after I feel like my artstation is stronger. Especially after I can post up some of the cool stuff I'm making currently on the project im working on here at work.