Home Marmoset

Some feedback and issues (baking)

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
dzibarik polycounter lvl 10
Hi everybody

First, padding doesn't work. It simply outputs gray photoshop file

Second, does it output only PSD? Because I wasn't able to find any other option.

Third, maching by baking group seem to work very strange if I bake albedo. Some faces aren't baked properly. I've checked projection cages, matching meshes and so on and wasn't able to find what's wrong with them. Is it a known bug?

edit: also some tutorials would be nice. I have to dig through old posts to find the private video from alpha which is still not public.
edit2: also every time I change my meshes, it auto reloads them and messes up my making groups. Is there a fix for that?

Replies

• EarthQuake
    1. We've got a bug with padding with diffuse/spec/gloss outputs, but padding should work for normals, ao, and other outputs. Which outputs specifically are you having problems with?

2. PSD is the only supported format for the baker at this time.

3. Re bake groups: Can you give me some more details on exactly what is happening here? A screenshot would be great and an example scene that shows the problem would be even better.

4. On auto-reload, it will run through the naming convention filter and place the meshes in the appropriate bake groups. If you've loaded via the quick loader, and then changed the order of some meshes, those changes will be discarded. To work around this, change the naming of your files so that they show up where you want them to instead. The naming convention works as:

<uniquename>_<high/low>_<variation>
    So, object1_high, and object1_low will be placed in a bake group called object1. object2_high, object2_high_bolts, and object2_low will be placed in a bake group called object2.

object2_bolts_high, object2_high, and object2_low will all be added to the object 2 bake group as well. We're planing on changing this, so that the variation tag only applies after the high/low tag. for the mean time, unique object names should be placed before the high/low tag. For instance, object2bolts_high rather than object2_bolts_high, that would create a new bake group called object2bolts.

If you can tell me what is happening exactly, and what you expect to happen, I may be able to offer additional advice.

More tutorials are something I'm currently working on!
  • dzibarik
    Offline / Send Message
    dzibarik polycounter lvl 10
    1. I see, I thought it was a bug, glad you're working on it. It was an albedo bake.
    2. Ok, but more options would be welcome
    3. This is a project I'm doing at work, so I have to get a permission. 
    4. Will try this!