Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Critial Feedback on Battleship 3D model

I'd like to start off by saying I'm creating 3 LOD'd game ready, spaceship models (Battleship, Destroyer, Corvette Class) as part of my dissertation. I'd like to get some professional feedback regarding the quality of the model, mesh, etc, so far. I'll try show as many necessary pictures of my high LOD battleship model with the hope I can extrapolate feedback to the other models. Currently, the model adheres to all pre-export checks, so it's legal poly, no overlapping faces, etc. So along with feedback, I'm trying to get an understanding of anything I can do to make my job easier when it comes to unwrapping and texturing a high poly asset. Can anything be done to speed up LOD workflow? Can certain parts of my mesh be broken off and floating?. I'm working in 3DS MAX for the Modelling/unwrap, and I'm going to be importing into ZBrush for texturing. I've always searched the polycount forums for advice before, but this is my first post as this question is too specific to my model. Thanks for the help in advance.                                                        
 -Matt