Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP - Ikki of Phoenix- Saint Seiya Fanart

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
karytsukino greentooth
Hello All !

How's things going? It's being a while since I've post my last personal project, I've been busy with my work as a freelance and most of my free time I spend doing some quick studies to help me improve, but nothing that seems worth to show. So I think it's time to start a new personal project.

When I was looking for a new character to make, I was looking for something out of my comfort zone, that means no ladies and this time and I also wanted something to work on my hard surface skills. Usually I'm comfortable working in characters with my own design,but this time I wanted to follow a concept, unfortunately I pick up one that is kind of vague in some areas so I decided to make some adjustments on the original design. 

I also think that since I'm working alone, I don't get to critique a lot of my own work. This time I want to change it, that's why I started thread to get different point of views on my work and some how help me to improve  as an artist.  

Anyway, enough talking,
Here's the concept art, it's Ikki of phoenix from Saint Seiya 

Sorry I don't know who is the author. But I really like this modern version of him.

Here's my progress:

I've started my basemesh from a zphere. I've made some changes along the way but that's where I started. 

Start Blocking the armor.

Made some paint over on photoshop to adjust the design and also help me with the details:

Here's where I'm now, creating the armor.

Progress might or might now be slow, depending on how busy work goes.
But I'll try to finish it until 2017 ... Hahaha

I'm counting on your for comments and critique to help me improve this guy.

Thanks for reading I hope you keep following my progress here.  ;)

Replies