Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Need CnC To help me move on and learn more. (Low poly & Hand Painted)

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Priabudiman polycounter lvl 8
Hello everyone,

Below is my attempt on modeling a low polygon object and then texturing it in hand painted manners.

Im trying to keep everything as simple as possible, i know that my modeling is still limited, so im trying to focus on the texture.

Please let me know what should i fix, improve or focus on, my knowledge is still limited, but im trying to improve myself.

thank you so much in advance.

Replies

• Mehran Khan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mehran Khan polycounter lvl 9
    looks kinda nice.
    erosion edges (those white edges) tend not to be so linear, they are randomly thin and thick and they are not on every edge, they tend to be more visible at corners too.
    as for the vein size of the wood, it should not be this small, this width of the vein makes the entire texure look flat. mayby you can keep these as a subltle vein pattern and have larger vein patterns over them to give it a more "painterly feel" . 
    one of the key aspects to give that hand painted texture feel effect is to make the object look "painted" rather than real.
  • Priabudiman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looks kinda nice.
    erosion edges (those white edges) tend not to be so linear, they are randomly thin and thick and they are not on every edge, they tend to be more visible at corners too.
    as for the vein size of the wood, it should not be this small, this width of the vein makes the entire texure look flat. mayby you can keep these as a subltle vein pattern and have larger vein patterns over them to give it a more "painterly feel" . 
    one of the key aspects to give that hand painted texture feel effect is to make the object look "painted" rather than real.
    Thank you so much for this input! ill definitely gonna note this. Ill keep that in mind on my next texture fix.
  • Priabudiman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Second attempt, I redraw the whole texture. In hope that i can achieve the "painted" feel more better.

• Priabudiman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Third Attempt, Fixed some seams and texture. Adding some more items to the scene.

• orbiter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    orbiter null
    I for one like the 3rd attempt.  I do like the lighter shade on the top of the second attempt. Looked like it had been cleaned a good few times after use. I also like that the 2 nicks in the edges have gone, did look a bit "cut and paste". For a low poly count you have got a very good  finished result