Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Horse Edgeflow Critique

jaz
jaz
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
jaz null
Hello everyone I am coming back to animation and decided to make my own model and rig. I wanted to know if i could get a critique on how the model edge flow looks so far. i want to continue to add more detail but i tend to get overwhelmed with the topology. Any help is appreciated thank you!!!

Replies

• slipsius
    Moving this to the 3d modelling forum for better crits. 
  • jaz
    Offline / Send Message
    jaz null
    Thank you lol 
  • PRS
    Offline / Send Message
    PRS polycounter lvl 3
    What breed of horse you are basing this off, could you include the reference you are using?

Overall shape is looking good.

I would add a face loop between the front legs to give the chest some definition. Horses have a pectoral muscle, and without a loop there it will be hard to define that shape.

Also I might try moving the pole vert on his front legs up more, or changing the way the edge loops there. Check out the bone structure of a horse; their leg doesn't end right at the body, it goes up more. Because the shoulder socket is higher, you can get a more realistic deformation when animating by moving that pole, or including a loop that goes a little higher. 

Watch the size of the neck. Right now it is very slender. Depending on the breed of horse they can have a much thicker neck.