Home Technical Talk

[3DSMAX] Remove Missing DLL/GUB FIles.

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
OccultMonk interpolator
I tried a few scripts to remove missing mrmaterialatribs.gub but none seem to work. 2 older scripts did nothing or gave errors and http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/cleaner showed missing plugins but game an error. 

Is there a way to remove these missing DLL warnings wehen opening files from an other version of 3dsmax that had these dll files?

Replies

• OccultMonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OccultMonk interpolator
    I have to click away about 7 warning when opening my file. I can't really find a solution that works, so any tips would be great. 
  • spacefrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacefrog polycounter lvl 15
    There is the missing plugins sceneexplorer which should list the nodes and ( i think) materials which own a modifier/map/material type of a plugin that is not installed in the current 3ds Max  etc.. This makes it easier to remove those modifiers, change map/material types etc..
    Out of my brain i don't know exactly when this feature got introduced, but might be in Max 2017 only ...
  • OccultMonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OccultMonk interpolator
    spacefrog said:
    There is the missing plugins sceneexplorer which should list the nodes and ( i think) materials which own a modifier/map/material type of a plugin that is not installed in the current 3ds Max  etc.. This makes it easier to remove those modifiers, change map/material types etc..
    Out of my brain i don't know exactly when this feature got introduced, but might be in Max 2017 only ...
    I didn't know that :-)
    They are on Xref Objects so I think the are contained within the xref file ? How should I delete them? Open each Xref and remove them how?

It gives these warnings:
    (1/12) Missing Custom Attribute Plug-in Class: mental ray: material custom attribute; FileName: mrmaterialattribs.gup.
    (2/12) Missing Custom Attribute Plug-in Class: mental ray: material custom attribute; FileName: mrmaterialattribs.gup.
    (3/12) Missing Custom Attribute Plug-in Class: mental ray: material custom attribute; FileName: mrmaterialattribs.gup.

• OccultMonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OccultMonk interpolator
    I removed all materials from the XRef-scenes but the DLL warning remain. There are no scene materials. I can't find the cause of the missing .gub files in the xref files. How should I remove them? 
  • OccultMonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OccultMonk interpolator
    I could remove them from each Xref source file with the script: http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/removemissingplugins