Home Technical Talk

zBrush Tileable Textures: Black Seams

Devon M
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Devon M polycounter lvl 4
Hello all! So I'm doing my first tileable texture (brick wall) process through Maya --> zBrush --> Photoshop.

So in Maya I made a base pattern on a square plane and made sure it tiles correctly in all directions before exporting over to zBrush. Yay! That works. In zBrush I made sure the document size was a 1:1 ratio (I made it 2048x2048). I did a quick first pass sculpt and I wanted to make sure that my texture tiled correctly in Photoshop. So I took what I had in zBrush and did a quick BPR render. NOTE! I'm new to this, and I'm sure I don't have the optimal settings on, but I wanted to test to make sure this was tiling correctly so far before I go any further. So I rendered it out and it looks like it tiles perfectly! Except...

Raw Render (no tiling yet)

Render with tiling

I suppose I could do some Photoshop magic to make the black lines go away, but part of me feels like I either rendered it wrong or have incorrect settings, or something, because surely it should come out fine, right?

Anyways, please let me know what I did wrong and how to fix it, and always best practice for the future! Thank you all!