Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ori and The Blind Forest Inspired Background

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Ruffu polycounter lvl 5
Hi There Guys and Gals! 

This is my first time posting here in this forum and not quite sure how to utilize it yet. I've seen a couple of posts asking for critiques and what not and thought I should make this post like those. 

I've recently just played Ori and the Blind Forest and I really like that game. It was fun and cool but of course, what stood out to me the most were the backgrounds. So I decided to make my own side-scroller-ish environment in a kind of tribute to the game but also mostly for practice (so don't whine about the oh-so difficult puzzle in the painting-- cuz it's not :p

So what can I improve? And don't tell me to make the puzzle harder!

P.S. An Ori-like character was inserted in there for scale (y'know, like a banana).
P.S.S Also, this was practice for me to get up close and personal with some of the details, which is something that I have a problem doing. I usually don't spend too much time trying to refining and once I get the jist of a concept, I abandon it and move on to the next. Any tips for sticking to it and refining so the painting looks cool without wasting too much time on things I shouldn't be rendering?

Replies