Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Minimalistic diorama - Wizard study

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Zeozen polycounter lvl 5
Hey! This is my first scene in 3d, please give feedback! I pretty much came to this point and thought "done" but by that I mean that this is the skill level I am at now, so I'm calling this "done" so I can see myself grow in time. : )
Rendered in ue4.

Please give feedback!:D

Replies

• Generic_Human
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Generic_Human polycounter lvl 3
    i like the fire animation looks cool haha.. i think its a good start if you are new in this but you should always try to push yourself just a little bit more.. my take on this matter is to always have a reference of another example of art that i like as a quality bar sometimes this quality bar is higher than my current level so as long as my model is not at the level of the quality bar im not finished and that's the challenge. 
    Keep working and keep in mind this with this scene or if you go to another project  :)
  • Zeozen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zeozen polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks! That fire animation is actually the FX for an aura for the game I'm working on, but I chucked it in there. Nice advice, and yes it's not like this is the final level of skill for me, but more that I felt I had achieved what I wanted to do here, and that was to model a small scene. I learned a lot of neat things (yes I am new to this) so I will take that knowledge into further projects, especially the game I mentioned which will feature a similar artstyle. I'm currently working on evolving this style to something awesome so any input is very appreciated. It's supposed to be color and sillhouette-heavy, and detail-lite but yeah as I said I'm still developing..

Thanks again for response!