Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Art Feedback

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hi everyone, my name is Cody, and I am new here. I'm always looking for new and good art communities. I have three pieces here that I want to share. I need help gauging what an audience sees, when they look at my art. As artists we view our own art differently than how an audience views it. So I am asking for your help. Thank you for your time and feedback.

Replies

• Chimp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimp interpolator
    actually his expression kind of resonated with me, in a nonchalant sort of way.
  • ArtofScott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ArtofScott polycounter lvl 2
    Heya, thought I'd share some of my thoughts on your work here:

• There seems to be a lack of dynamism in the character drawing, the gesture doesn;t seem to be exaggerated enough
    • The lighting: The way you have lit (or shadowed) the pieces doesn't convincingly sell the forms (though the structural one is in my eyes the best piece here). Consider how important shadows, and the value of shadows are.
    • The design of the first piece is dull, the second and third pieces are more iconographic and more appealing
    That's it for now, hope my feedback was useful!
  • Laughing_Bun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Laughing_Bun polycounter lvl 17
    Try adding some contrast in the lighting. Everything looks super ambiently lit. I see that you are trying to cast shadows correctly but its not super convincing because there is no contrast. Try and push that further.

If the goal is to come up with interesting designs maybe focus on linework and greyscale stuff for a while. The color isn't really doing much for your pieces. That would help with the aforementioned lighting also. Cheers!