Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

FEEDBACK NEEDED: Walk Cycle due Friday

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Mark Madness polycounter lvl 4

My Work In Progress for my ianimate class. Due date is Friday Morning and closing in on Polish stage. All critiques and feedback welcome.

Replies

• AGoodFella
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AGoodFella polycounter lvl 5
    Cool, a few things.

I would tone down the hip twist, it feels like its too much. Also, I would put more tilt in it as the weight shifts from one leg to the to the other.

Chest feels disconnected from the rest of the body. I can see it twisting but the lower spine doesn't twist along with it. Feels very awkward.

I would loosen the arm just a little. A little more overlap.

The feet footroll feels a little poppy when they lift off the ground.

I would try rotating the chest the other way and favour that position so there isn't a ton of tilting on the chest. That way, we feel the weight of the gun more.

Nice work!

• slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    The hips seem to be a bit off. When the left foot is forward, the left hip seems to be forward and up, instead of forward and down. Also, when she transfers her weight over to her right foot, it seems a bit fast and sudden. You could smooth the weight transfer out a bit. 

The posing of the gun and arm holding the gun seems off as well. Thats a heavy ass gun. The biggest part would be hanging down more, and she would really have to hold it there, meaning her elbow would drop a bit to try and keep it in place. Kind of like this. 

The feet also appear to be moving on one axis forward and back. There doesnt appear to be any side to side motion in the foot when it lifts off and comes forward. 

Besides that, lookin good!
  • jmg06
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmg06 polycounter lvl 5
    Exaggerating the up and down movement of the hips more might help display the weight of the walk. If you make the up a bit slower compared to the down shows her "struggling" lifting up here body and the gun for the next step. 
  • Mark Madness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mark Madness polycounter lvl 4
    Thank you everyone for your feedback. I've applied many changes from your critiques. Although it is due today, I'll most likely post again regarding this animation and future ones too. Thank you again for helping me.