Home Technical Talk

biped fingers curling with Bend Links MODE on, linking curl to a slider

snake85027
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
I figured out how to curl the biped fingers using Bend Links Mode and clicking on the fingers and using Rotate. I created a slider. I want to create states for the slider, at 0 the hand is almost flat and at a 100 the hand is closed. Any ideas?

Replies

• monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    So Biped has a long history of not behaving with other built in systems like wire parameters and manipulators. It started as an exteranal plug-in for 3ds Max, and while useful, it's not well integrated. So it's not really possible to do what you ask, but I have two other solutions for you.

1. I see you are using an IK Object for the wrist. I presume this is to avoid keying the biped itself. This is a common enough trick I've seen others use. You can carry this idea to the fingers. Don't use Biped fingers. Instead use regular bones and parent them to the Biped hand. Then you can use the typical method of Wire Parameters from the bones to the Manipulator.

OR

2. Use the build in Copy / Paste rollout for Biped. You can create several poses for the hand and copy each one. Then just paste them back when ever you need them. The benefit this has is that it's easier to setup and instead of just Open and Close you can have several other poses like Chop, Thumbs Up, Drinking Tea, and The Bird.
  • snake85027
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
    ill give that a try monster, thanks