Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Warrior Monk Sculpt

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
CrisisMode polycounter lvl 2
Hey everyone,

I am hoping to get some critiques and feedback on this ZBrush sculpt.  I am learning and teaching myself so this would be very helpful.  This was meant to be a concept to show an indie dev who was looking for 3D artists (I think on-the-job experience would help me flourish)

Anyway, one of the things I am curious about is that this person told me he looked 'doughy' and undefined still?  I'm not seeing what he is talking about and I wondered if this is because I am learning myself and just am not seeing it the same way.

Thanks everyone!
Nick

Replies

• R0mbag
    Offline / Send Message
    R0mbag null
    I can personally see the doughy/Unrefined critique as there's no clear definition between materials. I would personally revisit your anatomy skills as even though this is stylised, there seems to be a lack of understanding, especially in the face where the cheek bones recess behind the teeth (Which wouldn't happen outside of a zombie character.)
  • Poseidon8734
    Offline / Send Message
    Poseidon8734 polycounter lvl 6
    I would have to agree. I would just double check your anatomy. Try to get that down and then move on to stylized. To me it looks like you rushed to sculpting portion and just moved on quickly to the smoothing.