Home Unreal Engine

[ Master Material Issue ] Material looks like in plastic vacuum bag

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
error404 polycounter lvl 6
Hey Plycounters! o/
Im trying to create a kind of master blend material, but on the game viewport, the material looks like it is inside some plastic vacuum bag, also have some glitter effect. Below the image, from the nodes and the material.
Does anyone know why this happens? and how to fix it?

Thanks all

Replies

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    You are ruining physical accuracy by plugging that fresnel into the emissive, and by changing specular that much. Anyways, it could be something to do with your roughness maps. Do you have sRgb disabled on your masks? - the maps with metallic/roughness etc.

For the little shining dots, use temporal AA instead of fx aa.
  • error404
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Obscura :)
    I unlinked the Specullar and the Fresnel from the material, also I change the TexCoord to 3.0 and the UV Scale to 3.0, changed the Roughness multiplier to 300... and this is how look like at the moment...
    Someone know how can make this looks better??
    Btw, both textures are from GameTextures.com

Thanks all o/

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Try some height blend?
  • error404
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    use "height lerp with two heightmaps" Resulting alpha can be your lerp factor or you can straight hook up your heightmaps for blending into that heightlerp. Transition phase would be your vert colors, and contrast is the transition sharpness.
  • error404
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura said:
    use "height lerp with two heightmaps" Resulting alpha can be your lerp factor or you can straight hook up your heightmaps for blending into that heightlerp. Transition phase would be your vert colors, and contrast is the transition sharpness.
    Sorry Im noob, I dont understand.. The HeightLerp need 3 textures, A, B and the Height Texture, the Transition Phase will get the Red channel from the Vertex Color, Height map image link to the Height Texture...and what I need add on A and B in the HeightLerp? The 2 Base Color maps?

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Height lerp with TWO heightmaps, thats the one you are looking for. heightmap goes into height 1, heightmap 2 goes into height 2, vertex color goes into phase, scalar goes into contrast. diffuse 1 and 2 can be ignored, they don't necessarily need to be used. Then this node will return you the lerp alpha with or without contrast applied, or the resulting heightmap. For blending textures, you want the resulting alpha with contrast.
    Hope it will work now, and this was clear enough :D