Home Adobe Substance

Edge detect without edge detect?

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Chronicle polycounter lvl 5
I've recently learned that edge detect node doesn't transfer over from designer to painter yet when exporting a material.  I have two questions.

The first is, does anyone know how i can export the material or a baked version of the outputs without using the actual substance in painter so that I can get roughly the same effect of the material i made in painter?

The second question is, is there a way to get the effect of a distance and edge detect node combo without using the actual edge detect?

I've made 3 materials that all use this type of node combo and have now learned that it won't work in painter.  This means I either have to find a way to replicate the effect using different nodes, or I have to find a way to brute force the materials I've already made into painter in some fashion.

Replies

• Chronicle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chronicle polycounter lvl 5
    I've finally found a fix to this after 3 days!  Basically I took the edge detect node and saved it as a bmp from inside designer.  I then, reimported the bmp as a resource and put it in in place of all the connections that the edge detect was outputting to.  Weird workaround and I hope they make edge detect work in Painter in the near future, but for now, it works!
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FYI Allegorithmic has a dedicated section. I moved this thread for you. Please post future Painter/Designer issues here instead of in Tech Talk.