Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Quixel suite does not work well on Parallels Desktop virtual machine on the MAC

The problem is:
In 3DO, there is no any reflection or background or correct lighting, and everything I can see is only the model in a very very dark environment with a very tiny light. At the back side of light source on the model, it is totally dark. Additionally, after adding a material, the whole part of model given material turns into totally dark, same as before.

Could anyone provide a good solution? I think I cannot find any options about GPU or something, I suppose Quixel might to provide one at future version to suit different system's configuration? This really troubles me right now

Replies

• ITISLTW
    One thing I forget to mention that I have this trouble on IMAC retina 5K display with only one graphic card AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048MB in which the Parallels desktop set DX10 mode for the virtual system Windows 10 Pro
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    This is because SUITE was not developed for use on a Macintosh - we have no Mac support officially or unofficially. A future update (TBA) will address this but for now the only solution to issues like this would be to use a Windows-specific machine.
  • miguelnarayan
    Offline / Send Message
    miguelnarayan polycounter lvl 8
    That future update is so far in the future it's becoming science fiction
    ~
    I got it working with parallels a long time ago, try an older version, if you have access to it. But I wouldn't bother, too much hassle setting up a partition just for it