Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

PBR - Bulldozer

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
MirTohid polycounter lvl 3
Hi, I create this Ready to use bulldozer model in my free time and it's completely free!. you can download All 4K maps and FBX model via this link: 
http://bit.ly/2dIop9G 

My ArtStation

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    This is looking great.

A couple things that stand out to me... why is the last shot cut off? Wear/rust seem haphazard and not related to form and function, especially on the cab, but really all throughout. There's a lot of blurriness, looks like depth of field but can't be sure, I'd suggest getting rid of it. Mud on the wheels seems to be lacking in bumpiness on the front wheels.

I'd love to see you push this model further!
  • Earthyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Earthyn polycounter lvl 2
    Awesome model :)

A few small changes I feel would take this model to the next level.

I agree on the wear/rust but also adding the mud/dirt. 

The wheels dirt seems to be scattered around randomly, I don't think it would stay on the side of the wheels like that, unless it was heavily coated  in which the normal map should make it pop more.

The yellow paint inside of the wheels would have surely been destroyed more than we see on the current version?

I would love to see the references used!

I know you didn't ask for criticism so take this all with a grain of salt!

Good luck!

• MirTohid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is looking great.

A couple things that stand out to me... why is the last shot cut off? Wear/rust seem haphazard and not related to form and function, especially on the cab, but really all throughout. There's a lot of blurriness, looks like depth of field but can't be sure, I'd suggest getting rid of it. Mud on the wheels seems to be lacking in bumpiness on the front wheels.

I'd love to see you push this model further!
    Thanks a lot for your feedback, yes! I can add more salt on this work:), For that cut off shot actually i want to layout my camera that way! there is no reason for this crop. blurriness i guess because of my low render settings in i-ray i agree with you this kind of effects alter final result... finally the bumpiness on wheels are fixed and real-time viewer is uploaded to my Artstation. thanks again dear Eric:)
  • MirTohid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Earthyn said:
    Awesome model :)

A few small changes I feel would take this model to the next level.

I agree on the wear/rust but also adding the mud/dirt. 

The wheels dirt seems to be scattered around randomly, I don't think it would stay on the side of the wheels like that, unless it was heavily coated  in which the normal map should make it pop more.

The yellow paint inside of the wheels would have surely been destroyed more than we see on the current version?

I would love to see the references used!

I know you didn't ask for criticism so take this all with a grain of salt!

Good luck!

Mersi dear Earthyn :)

I Agree with you too! there is still lots of details that i can improve on this bulldozer. I used some reference images and there was some paint inside of the wheels. OH!, criticism is Ok, we Criticize each work to do better job! that's fine:)

• MirTohid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message