Home Artists Looking For Work

[Paid/Unpaid] Eike K. - 3D environment artist

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
frezer748 polycounter lvl 10
Hello everybody and thanks for checking by.

My name is Eike and I am a 3D environment artist from Germany.
Since I was a kid I was always impressed by games with stunning environments and huge landscapes.
It was always my dream to create one day virtual worlds as well where players can walk through and interact with.
Over the last 4 years I taught myself various workflows and gained more experience in game development in general especially with focus on game art.

Now I am searching for opportunities to bring my experience into various projects and share my knowledge with other people as well as
gain even more experience.

Skills

My main focus is to create real time optimized and graphic strong looking environment assets for any kind of game.
I specialized my workflow in various areas and become familiar with:
  • High poly modelling
  • Low poly modelling
  • High to low Poly baking workflow
  • Efficient unwrapping
  • PBR texturing
  • Texture creation
  • Sculpting
  • Blueprints

Programs/Tools
  • 3Ds Max
  • Substance Designer
  • Substance Painter
  • Zbrush
  • Maya
  • Photoshop
  • WorldMachine
  • SpeedTree

Game Engines
  • Unreal Engine 4
  • Unity
  • UDK

Work

The high poly version was created in 3Ds Max and finer details were created within ZBrush.
Afterwards I created the low poly version inside 3Ds Max, unwrapped it and finally textured the model inside Substance Painter.

My latest environment scene I worked on in my free time. My goal was to create an natural environment showing the power of nature corresponding to abandoned places.

Projects

In my previous years I have participated in various smaller game projects. One of my recent projects:

The Cursed (2 Months)

My task was to create every graphic aspect of the game as well as smaller programming tasks.

Portfolio/Links

For more screenshots visit my Artstation page.

Artstation
http://artstation.com/eike

Contact

E-mail: eike.kreisel@outlook.com

Additional information

Working times
I am available for online tasks as well as local tasks the whole week.

Languages
Good speaking and writing in English and German.

I appreciate every comment regardless of whether it is feedback to my work or serious job offers.

best regards
Eike K.

Replies

• Vollgaser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vollgaser polycounter lvl 7
    wrong scales, the whole architecture is pretty bad. the speedtree stuff is not made by you

• frezer748
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vollgaser said:
    wrong scales, the whole architecture is pretty bad. the speedtree stuff is not made by you

Hello Vollgaser,
    you probably mean with "wrong scales" the project Shrink. Well the goal in this project was to create an ant sized player who is walking through a world which is bigger than him. I don't understand what you mean by whole architecture exactly, but I take this as a feedback to improve on the interior a lot better. By the way the Speedtree "stuff" or in particular the trees and every foliage in my scenes are made by me either with Zbrush, Speedtree or 3DS max.

Thanks for your feedback!

best regards
    Eike Kreisel
  • frezer748
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have added a new picture of a recently created asset.