Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Railgun_MadViper [WiP]

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Tobi_dono polycounter lvl 4
Well this gun im working on (right now im on hardsurface) was thought for a little projekt,
It didn't go so well at the end .it was only pryvate and at some point we didn't hear anything anymore from them and so on and the projekt stopped.

Right now im working on it for my portfolio and has now more detail as it should in the beginning :)

Well its still in progress ^^. someone said the back of the gun is a little bit small but dont really know if I should change it. I mean the back is not ammo, its a cool pack to cool down the gun after shooting.

I also think now if I compare the arm and gun, I think the gun seems kind of plane now ?

Replies

• Tobi_dono
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I changed the guard of the upper arm
  • Tobi_dono
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Right now im done withe the hardsurface modeling of the gun and am working on some little repair drones.

my first one reminds me so much on a bug :confused:
  • Tobi_dono
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So this are the 2 drones I created but cant really decide which I should take, I mean they are quite little later so should I take the one with the simple schape or the unquie one.

• Tobi_dono
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I attached the last part a grip :)
    the idea was that wenn it is destroyed the arm drops the railgun and maybe something can pick it up ... well it was not a idea for a game or so just tought might be fun ;)

Well .... now I should start normal mapping, there are already so many part's :sweat_smile:  that i need to do
  • pongstah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pongstah polycounter lvl 12
    Cool choice of colors and very nicely detailed, the purple and neon green combination is my fav.
  • Tobi_dono
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank's :D

Well I right now its only for me to know what is what like:

purple = painted metal
    neon green = light (emissive map)
    gray = steel
    white = paint or so
    black = steel/rubber or else use it to see the difference

If I would just work with one color I would loose the overview about my model :worried:

but later I also want to create 2 different textures
    1. is quite a normal design where the colors are not so strong

2. and the second uses the colors purple and neon green its like gun 1# was stolen and they painted over it ^^ with a lot of writings painted on it

for this I will either use quixel suite or substance :)

Also I don't really think about the colors i choose somehow I always combine them like they would be attracting, ...maybe something thats stuck in my brain from Art high school