Home Technical Talk

Modo - Issue with manipulation tools

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Lamont polycounter lvl 15
I've been using Modo Indie for a few days and have run into this issue where the only way I can get a manipulator to work is to move my mouse really fast, or crank the sensitivity WAY up. So once my mouse gets to a certain threshold for speed, the tool will work. If I crank my mouse sensitivity all the way up, it kinda works.

I've done this ::FOUNDRY FORUMS:: and nothing works.

Running:
Windows 10
Modo 10.1 (Indie)
Logicool G502
GTX 980ti

Replies

• Lamont
    Offline / Send Message
    Ugh.. anyone have this issue?
  • Bek
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Never heard of it, sorry. I had a quick look and there's a threshold setting under system > preferences > Input > 3d mouse, but that doesn't seem to do what you describe (and should be at 0 by default anyway).

Got a second mouse or tablet you could try? Anything else plugged in that could be counting as mouse input (joystick, gamepad?) Any software installed that affects the mouse pointer (lazy nezumi or something?). Could the issue be not the mouse itself but a huge fps drop when you start to drag a tool handle? Seems unlikely but easy to check, run the command glmeter to show an fps meter... Does dragging the spinners near the numeric entry seem to have the same problem? It might be hard to tell because the viewport will only update once the spinner stops.

You say you ran into this issue, does that mean it was not doing it from the start? If not, what could have changed? Are you running vertex snapping in a scene with millions of verts? Accidentally turned on fixed grip snap?

You could also try joining the modo indie steam group chat; some developers used to frequent there, a year ago or so anyway. Could be worth asking in there.

• Vekta
    Offline / Send Message
    Vekta polycounter lvl 3
    Has your model been extremely scaled up/down? That may be effecting the sensitivity of the tools. To fix it you would need to "zero" the displacement.

Or maybe focusing on the polygons you want to change with shift+a will help.
  • furiouslul
    Offline / Send Message
    furiouslul polycounter lvl 4
    Try hitting the "-" (minus) key to make the manipulator smaller. That'll make it more sensitive within MODO
  • Lamont
    Offline / Send Message
    Try hitting the "-" (minus) key to make the manipulator smaller. That'll make it more sensitive within MODO
    That was it. Thanks Furiouslul !!! Is there documentation on this?
    And thanks to all that took time to reply!