Home Unity

3ds max animation import into Unity problem

Waz
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Waz polycounter lvl 17
I have a pose of a pilot that is seating in a chair. I don't actually need a FK animation, but the rig is controlled by Final IK.

I exported the rig and mesh from 3ds max, and setting the rig as humanoid everything lines up correctly. However under the animations, my pose doesn't import correctly. The arms are not in the same position as they are in 3ds max.

Anyone have a clue what might be wrong?

Replies

• RyanB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Probably not configured correctly.  Under the Rig tab you've set it to humanoid, which is correct.  You should also have set the avatar definition.  Below avatar definition, you will see a tiny button named Configure.  Click that button and make sure all of your bones are in the correct positions. 
  • Waz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz polycounter lvl 17
    Found out the solution. I had used 'Copy Limb Settings' and 'Paste/Mirror Limb Settings' to do the other side of the rig. During the export / import process the limbs that I had used Paste on had their rotations flipped. I saved the rig and reimported it and redid the skin without using the Mirror option and now it works no problem.