Home Technical Talk

3D Coat or Topogun

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
apollo580 polycounter lvl 9
Hello,

I've been using Topogun 2 for my re-topology almost exclusively. I started out using 3D Coat and for some reason just enjoy the tools and process a bit more. Topogun is $100 vs $425 (CAD) and was wondering your opinion on it. Do you think its worth getting 3D Coat just for the re-topology tools or stick with Topogun.  

Replies

• pior
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Just make sure that you are actually maximizing your workflow with Topogun first and foremost. As in : do you have all the tools hotkeyed ? Opinions varies on this, but I personally can't see anything that 3DC does better or faster as far as retopo process is concerned.

If anything you could very well record yourself doing a little bit of retopo so that we can review your process and see if anything could be done more efficiently. People have been doing something similar in the modeling threads and it's been fun to watch.
  • apollo580
    Offline / Send Message
    apollo580 polycounter lvl 9
    pior said:
    Just make sure that you are actually maximizing your workflow with Topogun first and foremost. As in : do you have all the tools hotkeyed ? Opinions varies on this, but I personally can't see anything that 3DC does better or faster as far as retopo process is concerned.

If anything you could very well record yourself doing a little bit of retopo so that we can review your process and see if anything could be done more efficiently. People have been doing something similar in the modeling threads and it's been fun to watch.
    Great idea, thanks! Ill try it out and hopefully get some feedback. I also contacted the creator of Topogun and Topogun 3 is in the works, they are just rewriting all the code this time around which is why it took so long.