Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hello, new around! Pokémon fan-art W.I.P. C&C

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hi there,
As my first post around, this is my W.I.P. Pokémon Trainer fan-art for C&C.
Any comments and critics will be more than appreciated.
Milotic, Vaporeon, Vivillon, Me, Dragonair and Mienshao.
Hope you like it :)

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's really neat! Love the softness, even with all the detail.

Compositionally it seems to lack a focus, many places of the same brightness. Try the squint test... squint your eyes so it blurs a bit, and see what the perception is. Is the silhouette clear enough to communicate the forms? And where does your eye want to look? 

The man's left hand pose seems a bit awkward, his index finger seems to curve back too far, almost looks broken, or like it soaked in vinegar too long and got all floppy! 

There's a lot of care taken here in the rendering, good job so far. Keep pushing this piece!
  • colorscientist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you so much for your feedback, really.
    Every single thing that you pointed it out are the things that I'm currently working on at this piece, thanks :pleased:
  • colorscientist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's really neat! Love the softness, even with all the detail.

Compositionally it seems to lack a focus, many places of the same brightness. Try the squint test... squint your eyes so it blurs a bit, and see what the perception is. Is the silhouette clear enough to communicate the forms? And where does your eye want to look? 

The man's left hand pose seems a bit awkward, his index finger seems to curve back too far, almost looks broken, or like it soaked in vinegar too long and got all floppy! 

There's a lot of care taken here in the rendering, good job so far. Keep pushing this piece!
    Just finished it and posted for the first project finished ever, hahaha.
    Thanks for the feedback, and if you want to see it I would be glad.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/lOYN5

Thank you soooo much for your feedback. :proud:
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Can you embed the current image here? People are less likely to provide feedback if you make it more difficult for them to see your work. Embedding your art is an easy thing to do.
  • colorscientist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Can you embed the current image here? People are less likely to provide feedback if you make it more difficult for them to see your work. Embedding your art is an easy thing to do.

Sure! :D