Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

SleepingGiant's Hand Painted Model Thread

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
SleepingGiant polycounter lvl 5
Hey Polycount,

I'll be posting my work under this thread instead of my usual scattered topics. Everything is here is open to critique so please feel free to post your thoughts!

Onward to Adventure!

Replies

• SleepingGiant
    Offline / Send Message
    Starting off right with some brutal weapons concept I did. Will start with with the axe then onward to the shield. Would love to hear your thoughts on the weapons!

• SleepingGiant
    Offline / Send Message
    Progress!

Finished up my first pass.  Everything is hand painted on the diffuse. I'm still going through and making corrections to a few things. The contrast/saturation, highlight pass, giving the blood some girth on the blade as well as pushing the fur render more are all things on my to-do list. Any feedback is welcomed!

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Given the length and number of scratches, the handle is reading less bone and more wood.  I'd pull back on the scratches and focus more on bone discoloring, etc.

Maybe you can one more layer of fur to the handle as well to really sell the effect.  The given solution looks solid on its own as well.

The other bits look peachy :)
  • SleepingGiant
    Offline / Send Message
    @Brian Thanks for your thoughts! I def need to push the bone further and get away from that wood feel.

I went ahead and made an update on the bone texture (not done yet) to try an make it less busy. I also added a yellow tint to the grey bladesto get more color variation in the weapon and de-saturated the fur as well as made some geo changes to make it feel more spread out.