Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Personal 3D Modelling & Texture Progress - Crits Welcome

Eotech
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Eotech polycounter lvl 3
So, Im new here so Hi. I have recently started getting into more advanced 3d modelling etc having previous worked in different software (little bit of sketchup & a lot of Rhino) with my work, I decided I wanted to develop my skill set and put it to use for game asset creation (for fun) & also the possibility of added extra skills for use at work (I work in architecture). 

So I thought I'd start a thread and maybe try and share the stuff ive been working on and see what people think is good & what I could improve on.

So this first model is supposed to be the L9A1 Browning Hi Power. Its a very rough and ready model, actually the first thing I've modelled in 3ds max without following a step by step tutorial, probably the 3rd thing I've modelled in max altogether. Its more of a proof of concept for me than anything, checking the basics of creating something and texturing it. Its by no means a finished project, the textures are very much placeholder/wip. But its food for thought I suppose. 

This second Item is what im currently working on, its the L7A2 GPMG. This is the third model I have attempted to make from scratch myself in 3ds max, I have included the Sketchfab link but the model on there was triangulated when I saved it as FBX so ignore that I suppose.
Here are a couple of quick test renders I made whilst just testing the water with different things. (I have been jumping backwards and forwards in my workflow a little bit, to experiment how things in max will affect things in substance painter & experimenting with UVMap stuff and the level of detail I need to include etc as this is being created for use in a specific game/engine. This is why I have created these quick renders etc)

model

So yeah, If anybody has any hints/tips/comments, I'd appreciate it!

Replies