Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci-fi Soldier Girl, help incredibly appreciated!

melli06
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
melli06 polycounter lvl 2
Hey all, starting a new character! 

Here is the link to the awesome concept artist: 
https://www.artstation.com/artist/walpurgis999

All I have currently is the basic block out of her proportions (not gonna lie first female so the "blockout" has taken a couple of days...) 
But I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in right direction for making it looks more feminine/anatomically correct. Not really caring about the details too too much so its missing a bit of extra detail that would not inform the final character at all, and I suck at legs and forearms... but I figure the only way to start a character is working out the proportions first!

Also the face is a bit shit right now... anybody have tips for feminine faces or some resources to read on the difference between men and women's face structure?
My dad said it looked like a dude with breasts so... I hope he is not right?  o:) 
Also feel free to be as brutal as you like, no hurt feelings over here!
Thanks and cheers!

Replies

• hunterscor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hunterscor polycounter lvl 2
    LOOKS TO MUSCULER

NEEDS MORE FAT IN THE MUSCLE AREAS
  • hunterscor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hunterscor polycounter lvl 2
    LOOK AT THE TORSO IT LOOKS LIKE THE SHAPE OF A MALE TORSO
  • kohg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kohg polycounter lvl 9
    Your dad is right. The good news is you now should go look at pictures of naked ladies, and if you get caught you can always say it's for work.
    But yeah you need to really study the female form.
  • melli06
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    melli06 polycounter lvl 2
    It has been too damn long... been moving at snail's pace cause 2nd year  high school is a pain... and I am shit at motivation recently blah blah etc. 
    Any ways just a couple of screens of the decimated versions of the current high poly rendered in blender's cycles renderer. 
    Kinda want to start low poly retopo, so I just have to nail down the face, fix those muddy legs, and get those difficult looking high heels in. As always brutal feedback is always welcome, or not so brutal feeback too. Whatever your mood permits    :|

Also thanks @kohg and @hunterscor for the reality check on my sculpt, on the humorous side I can now say I literally didn't see gender with that sculpt as proof so special points for ultra politically correctness right?!!?...

Cheers