Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

TMNT Michaelangelo (WIP)

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
QOR_082 polycounter lvl 3
I tried to my own approach to a character I love (TMNT Mikey). 

Replies

• Ouru
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ouru vertex
    I think you should correct the shoulders rotation, the "face" of the delotids that is looking forward should look "the roof". This will give much more order to the sculpt.
    Check this references, or search for "Delotids" on google image. I think that's the biggest deal there. Also, try to smooth the forearm.

You understand the muscles, but remember to check the axis of the volumes. Try drawing it if this doesn't help you to understand the concept.
    If you fix the arms/shoulders, it would be pretty good for now, I think
    Best of lucks mate!

• QOR_082
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    QOR_082 said:
    I tried to my own approach to a character I love (TMNT Mikey). 

Thank you so much Ouru. I'm happy that someone actually took time to help a lower level artist as myself.

I actually bought the physical version of "Anatomy for Sculptors", and I keep checking it. Anatomy is a very complex chapter that I am trying to dig in, I am always learning new things but it takes time... 

If I understood things right, I should rotate the arm from the shoulder, in order to face the front side of the deltoid up. Is it right?

Ps: That images are cool, explain very well the flow of the arm, and they don't come in the book.

Cheers :)
  • QOR_082
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Some adjustments...
  • Ouru
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ouru vertex
    I'm glad you actually followed my advice. Looking more natural. Those shoulders look much better.
    Now on the arms, between the bicep and the tricep (facing out) ther's a muscle you are missing, it is called brachialis. I think that adding that muscle it would give it much more style to the arms, since there's a gap missing between the deltoids and the forearms.

Also I reduced the forearm a little bit, dont forget to check where does the bicep insert in the deltoid and how it looks like (I didnt edit that)
    Btw, those legs are looking great.
  • QOR_082
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ouru said:
    I'm glad you actually followed my advice. Looking more natural. Those shoulders look much better.
    Now on the arms, between the bicep and the tricep (facing out) ther's a muscle you are missing, it is called brachialis. I think that adding that muscle it would give it much more style to the arms, since there's a gap missing between the deltoids and the forearms.

Also I reduced the forearm a little bit, dont forget to check where does the bicep insert in the deltoid and how it looks like (I didnt edit that)
    Btw, those legs are looking great.
    I will do as you say (lol). I want to improve.

The brachiallis is there, you can see it in the previous pictures. Probably it is not done the best way... I'll try to improve on that.
    The forearm needs improvement... that I know... I will also change that.

I changed the front shell, what do you think of that?

Thanks for the compliments on the legs. It is actually my big lack... I tried to model a turtle because the insertion of the limbs into the body is confusing me , and with this character it is easier to get away with it :D (but i will overcome this eventually by practising).

I will get back to u eheheh. :)
  • QOR_082
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are the corrections Ouru.

What do you think? :)

• QOR_082
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I drew a new shell, because I wasn't happy with the previous design.

Also new sculpts.