Home Freelance Job Postings

[PAID] Looking for character art mentor

oreoorbitz
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
oreoorbitz polycounter lvl 9
Hi. This worked out for me last time so i'm doing it again.
Looking for an experienced artist to mentor me in character art. 

The most reasonable schedule is once a week on either saturday or sunday night. I think I enjoy videochat more, but would consider just paintovers and text chat if the mentor really prefers it.

pay is 30 per hour. The sessions would probably always just be one hour.

The programs I use:
Zbrush
Substance suite
Modo
Head uvlayout
Photoshop.
Topogun

Replies

• oreoorbitz
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi. Im bumping this thread because I have one mentor, but I got money to do it more often. pay is 30-50 dollars per hour, skype or paintover/sculptover/video.price depends on level of experience English or spanish.  Please show any work you can, if everything is under nda then just let me know.  I prefer creature artists, cus thats my focus, thx! You can view my most recent work at https://www.artstation.com/artist/oreoorbitz
  • oreoorbitz
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm rebumping this thread because I'm looking again. Have had good luck so far finding people. Remember to contact me via pm, not reply to this thread as they will be removed.

Edit: still looking
  • oreoorbitz
    Offline / Send Message
    Bump, found one person, I'm looking for one more, maybe bi-monthly
  • oreoorbitz
    Offline / Send Message
    Bump, stopped doing art for a not, recently decided to get back into it, looking for mentors again
  • Ruz
    Online / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    silly question, but do you really need to pay. loads of tutorials about. i have been doing this since 1995 and still watch yuo tube etc to get advice
  • oreoorbitz
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz said:
    silly question, but do you really need to pay. loads of tutorials about. i have been doing this since 1995 and still watch yuo tube etc to get advice
    Its a valid question, I've actually got huge benifit from having a mentor previously. 

Learning to use software is easy,  anytime I need to learn some new technique, Google and YouTube suffice. The benifet of a mentor is more of like having a art director, often when your not experienced you get overwhelmed by the all the details you have to get right and you leave things unfinished, you don't really know where your going.  

I don't need a mentor to improve, but I feel a good mentor makes me improve much faster.

Also man, your not supposed to respond to job posts, it bumps other posts. 
  • Eric Chadwick
    Also man, your not supposed to respond to job posts, it bumps other posts. 
    It's actually ok to respond, if you're asking a general question. More info. Ruz is doing the right thing, and so are you by answering. You're both providing clarity, and everyone wins!

Bumping is discouraged when the original poster does it, because then the forum becomes an ugly mess of OPs trying to out-do one another, constantly. Which just ends up making it more difficult for employers and contractors to find each other.

Anyhow, feel free to discuss in the linked topic.
  • sharsein
    Offline / Send Message
    sharsein polycounter lvl 9
    I can testify that CGMA is really legit, they have character mentorship programs that seem to fit what you're asking for: https://www.cgmasteracademy.com/courses?p%5B0%5D=3D&p%5B1%5D=Character+Modeling