Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Fantasy Street scene, or "fun times with FFDs"

Swaggletooth
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Swaggletooth polycounter lvl 5
This is something I've been working on outside of working hours for the past few months, I'd previously made a Tudor street scene a while back - having worked in the industry for a year I felt like it was a topic that would be fun to revisit with the knowledge that I now have (I also re-tooled some of the buildings from my old scene).

As well as putting new knowledge to practice, I took the time to learn Substance Designer for this - and I'm really glad I did. I've only been using it for a few weeks but I'm pretty happy with the results I've got so far, hopefully I can polish up on what I've learned in due course.

Anyway, here's a WIP image along with some of the buildings I've made. As always, feedback would be hugely appreciated!

Things I am currently planning to do:
Add in shop signs
Add in small details such as flowers troughs, weeds, ivy. I may try and break up the repetitiveness of the cobbles with bare earth.
Background details beyond the gatehouse, particularly a skyline (I'm rendering this in Marmoset, but I want to use something higher res than Marmoset's backgrounds for the sky).

Replies