Home Freelance Job Postings

[PAID via Kickstarter Campaign] - Story-driven RPG Actively Seeking 3D Modeler

amanfr01
null
Offline / Send Message
amanfr01 null
Hello, Polycount!

Myself (composer), Gerhard Botha (software engineer/programmer), Lee Williams (writer), and Peter Hurman (concept artist) are creating a new discovery-centric, story-driven RPG. Thematically, we're aiming to create a world with a Nordic flair without deriving any source material. In other words, highly original with loose inspiration from Norse mythology.

"What's the gist of the game?"

We want to create an open-world, story-driven RPG with an emphasis on exploration. That being said, we're not aiming to have fully fleshed-out 3D cutscenes like The Witcher 3 or Assassin's Creed. In fact, we're planning on making the main story cutscenes 2D, similar to the Banner Saga or some cutscenes in Guild Wars 2. As a 3D Modeler, we hope to have someone who wants to be deeply involved in the game making process. That is to say, we are not looking for someone to make models and say "good-bye" to the whole development process. We want someone who is foremost an artists with good technical knowledge of tools of the trade, not the other way around. The game itself is in its very early stages, and we hope to find a core member who is passionate to run with us through the entire course of the project, establishing the scope of the project through its story. 

For early tech demos, please visit Gerhard's original post on the game here at this link. They are stock assets, but give a basic feel of what we'd like to accomplish, stylistically.

"What do I send you / What are my requirements?"

Firstly, we will ask for a portfolio. Nothing custom made needs to be made for this application process. Secondly, Gerhard (our software engineer / programmer) provided me with a brief list of requirements. They are the following:

· 3D Modelling and texturing of assets based on concept drawings (strong ability to generate assets with a high level of likeness to original concept art)

· Understanding of how models/assets relate to the runtime environment of a game engine.

· Must be familiar with the concepts relating to that of a game engine content pipeline.

· Experience with software like ZBrush, Photoshop, Maya, 3D Studio Max, Blender etc.

· Thorough understanding of high to low poly modelling process as well as generating normal maps and displacement maps from the high-poly asset version (to be applied to the low poly asset version)

· Must possess great skill and knowledge when it comes to UVW coordinate mapping and optimised texture usage (concepts like texture atlasing, texture duplication avoidance, understand how textures will affect GPU bandwidth etc.)

· Good knowledge of model rigging and animation (This is an absolute must have).

"Who do I contact?"

Me! My email is contact@manfredoniamusic.com. Private messages on here work, as well. Or even direct messages to my twitter.

I look forward to speak to everyone interested! Have a good rest of your day :)

Best wishes,
Tony