Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

2D weapon artist

null
I have been making weapons for 11 months now and Been trying to improve a lot , these are my best weapons  , CnC would be really awesome 

Replies

• Stinkhorse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinkhorse polycounter lvl 12
    This was always irritating to hear when it was said to me as I was learning, so I take no pleasure in imparting it to you. Learning to draw is learning to see, and to do either of those you have to look at what you want to draw. When I was just entering college my portfolio was being reviewed. I had a character in the collection holding a pistol and the person doing the review looked at it, then at me. He asked if I had used reference material to draw the firearm. I proudly said 'no, I drew that from imagination'. The professor raised a brow that I took took to mean I had impressed him. Looking back it's one of the more embarrassing moments of my life.

Start here: https://subterraneanpress.com/magazine/fall_2011/cutting_edge_technology_by_k._j_parker
    Every last word of that article is steeped with insight. You will be improved with it's knowledge alone, but don't stop there. Research the weapons you're creating. Drown yourself in reference images. Doing your homework on your subject isn't for people lacking in the talent to just come up with something, It's the secret technique of the best artists out there.

All that said, the kunai and the stylized claymore (broadsword?) are your two best. They have the most believable weight and manufacture to them, though maybe consider filling in the hole on the claymore, or failing that thickening the two branches of the blade that connect to the guard. They're a potential weak point right now, and used in the field, as such a utilitarian weapon likely would be, it would eventually snap there due to repeated impacts or a lucky hit from another, heavier weapon. 
  • Goldilust
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goldilust null
    I see what you mean , I always look at a lot of references and ideas from multiple weapons and look at the designs so i can make something new , My huge inspiration from weapons are 2 people who are amazingly talented they are in a community called Hyun's dojo and weapons that are made from a game called Aqworld since their designs and ideas are always amazing to me , I'm gonna try to do more research on weapons and understand the design and weight to everything that has to do with them so i hope i eventually reach the level i want to reach , i honestly never though of researching something like that thing you send me since i though i can understand it by my self when i make weapons  , Thanks for the CnC i will read that link you send me and I'm gonna try to improve , i really appreciate you saying that and i hope my second weapon you will see of me will please you , thank you very much 
  • Stinkhorse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinkhorse polycounter lvl 12
    You absolutely are going to improve. Skill, like any diamond, is simply a matter of time and putting the pressure on yourself to do the work.