Home Marmoset

Marmoset Viewer inside of Unity

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
Is there any way to accomplish this ? Can i use files from toolbag inside of unity or link them somehow ?

Replies

• Chimp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimp interpolator
    Depends what you mean really -- using files from toolbag inside of unity? Your mesh and texture assets will of course transfer across, the standard shader is very similar, and with the correct IBL it should look very similar. It's lights and rendering outside of that is different though. Marmoset attempted this a while back with Skyshop for unity but I believe it's now redundant with Unity 5.

What are you looking for? You should get a very similar image if unity is appropriately set up.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There is no way to load Marmoset Viewer files directly into Unity. However, as Chimp explains, you should be able to set up your meshes and materials in a very similar way in Unity. Something we're working on is a feature to export Unity packages from Toolbag, that should ship with Toolbag 3.
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    great to hear earthquake 
  • dan_blincoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There is no way to load Marmoset Viewer files directly into Unity. However, as Chimp explains, you should be able to set up your meshes and materials in a very similar way in Unity. Something we're working on is a feature to export Unity packages from Toolbag, that should ship with Toolbag 3.
    I know this thread is rather old but I am using Toolbag 3 and Unity3d...is there a way to get sky & lighting into Unity3d.  The unity package doesn't bring lighting info with it.  To me that's a big hurdle and if you have re-work materials once back into Unity3d what's the point.
    Thanks in advance for any pointers.