Home Adobe Substance

using input images from subgraphs

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
dzibarik polycounter lvl 10
So we want to use our substance generators as a filter/generators in Painter to streamline our pipeline. 

The problem is that our generator is divided in multiple subgraphs and each one uses it's own input images. But if we import this sbsar in Painter we either a)have multiple filters if we compute all subgraphs b)don't have any input images if we chose to compute only one subgraph. 

is there a way to use input images from subgraphs without dividing them in multiple filters? 

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    I'm not sure I understand how your filters are built, but you should either separate each generator in its own file if they generate the same kind of outputs or create a master graph that embeds your other graphs with their inputs and outputs if they are different.
  • dzibarik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well, we figured out what's wrong

For some reason all additional input maps HAVE TO  be connected to outputs in some way - in our case with blend node. For example we have a position map going into a generator but if we put it into Painter there is no input for position map and material gets generated incorrectly. So the only way to fix that is to plug a position map into background slot of blend node while keeping the final diffuse in foreground. 

I'll ask if I can provide material files for you to look at. I think it's a bug. 
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    I'm interested into seeing your files.
    Usually our cooking for substance discard unused nodes (and therefore any inputs that is not connected to an output node). It could be that your initial setup result in that configuration and the blend node avoid that.
  • dzibarik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Froyok
    thanks, I've sent you PM.