Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Game Concept Art - Advice Wanted

Treijim
null
Offline / Send Message
Treijim null
Hey there.

I want to get into the games industry. I'm trying to focus on rough/conceptual painted environments and some characters. Here's some of my artwork. I'm looking for advice and feedback, particularly for strengthening my portfolio in these areas. I paint using a mouse.

Here's my full portfolio: http://treijim.portfoliobox.net/

Replies

• Treijim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Treijim null
    A new painting of a concept environment I did. Feedback is appreciated.
  • miguelnarayan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    miguelnarayan polycounter lvl 8
    Unless you're doing vector painting, painting with a mouse won't help. So you may want to start getting a tablet, any tablet, even a bamboo works.
  • Marshkin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marshkin polycounter lvl 9
    I think the bottom piece is your strongest piece so far.
    A lot of you work lacks any sharp areas. Everything is slightly blurry, actually it is evenly blurry. By sharpening up your focal point you draw attention to it.

In the newest one, the man on the left is also lost as he is the same colors and brightness. 
  • GregMack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GregMack polycounter lvl 3
    Unless you're doing vector painting, painting with a mouse won't help. So you may want to start getting a tablet, any tablet, even a bamboo works.
    What he said, pen pressure sensitivity is a tool you cant do without when working in raster. I dont think it's fair to give you a solid critique until your antiquated with the tools of the trade as it will significantly change the way you paint. Cheap bamboo tablets are everywhere, I bought my first one used in college.