Home Technical Talk

Working on a concept but stuck on how to prepare..

ngon master
Offline / Send Message
wirrexx ngon master
Hey guys, i'm working on a concept from Oleg L. Whe're im trying to get as close to his concept as possible. But i'm stuck on how i could to the Ground go up like in the concept, any tips? 

Replies

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    If you're talking about the perspective/camere angle then you should keep blocking out the scene as normal and play with various camera angles(position a camera in the scene) are you blocking out in a 3d package or with bsp brushes in UE?

Will it be a playable level/cinematic or a still render?
  • wirrexx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wirrexx ngon master
    If you're talking about the perspective/camere angle then you should keep blocking out the scene as normal and play with various camera angles(position a camera in the scene) are you blocking out in a 3d package or with bsp brushes in UE?

Will it be a playable level/cinematic or a still render?
    hey Musashidan: I'm currently just blocking out, atm i'm using BSP brushes in UE4 to get the right modularity, than moving it to a 3D package. 
    I'm thinking of having a cinematic piece and a couple of still renders. Not playable! =)

My question was more of a how i should do the ground =) or road, what's the best way! =)
  • Bolovorix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bolovorix ngon master
    Hey @wirrexx, to me it looks like that alley way is on a slight hill. Putting those buildings on moderate slope might help you figure out how to achieve a perspective sort of like the concept. I'm not really great about this sort of thing but the architecture to me gives it a French or Tuscan feel.
    Good luck!

• wirrexx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wirrexx ngon master
    Bolovorix said:
    Hey @wirrexx, to me it looks like that alley way is on a slight hill. Putting those buildings on moderate slope might help you figure out how to achieve a perspective sort of like the concept. I'm not really great about this sort of thing but the architecture to me gives it a French or Tuscan feel.
    Good luck!

Bolovorix said:
    Good luck!

thank you Bolovorix! =)
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Sorry I misunderstood your meaning. Yes, this is definitely a steeply sloping pathway, like you find in most European(medieval)towns/cities. You would need to build it to reflect this. Just build it orthographically as you see it and don't try to model in the perspective distortion. Let the camera take care of that. The way these buildings would be built in real life would be with a stepped triangular or tapered footing/foundation leveled off to suit the slope of the terrain. Easy enough to fake in 3D as the foundation is hidden by the path.
  • wirrexx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wirrexx ngon master
    Musashidan, Thank you once again!