Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Please Critique My Work

I would like opinions from other artists because although I am proud of this piece I feel like my art overall is lacking.

Replies

• ifuxedup
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ifuxedup polycounter lvl 3
    well, she has no nipples,so in my opinion she should have at least one nipple.

• Marshkin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marshkin polycounter lvl 9
    I have one word for you. Anatomy. 
    Practice it until you can draw a foot from any angle. Anatomy is important regardless if you are drawing realistic or anime. 
    One resource that I love when it comes to anatomy is Proko (http://www.proko.com/)
    The Burne Hogarth books are also fantastic. He really exaggerates anatomy but I found that helps me understand the muscles and bone structure under the skin. 
  • RN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RN sublime tool
    Hi. If someone asked me to work on that image I would play with composition, like trying different camera angles to make it more interesting, and also change her expression and pose so it's more clear what she thinks about having that blade and magic hands around her neck: did she summon those herself, or should she be surprised because she's being attacked? That kind of stuff, like storytelling.
  • coffeebean44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    She had nipples in the original, I was not sure of this site's guidelines so i blacked them out. I have been practicing my anatomy a little but I have a long way to go, and I will keep working on that as well as my composition. I hadn't even considered the storytelling aspect, thank you for the advise you guys, it really helps a lot.