Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(Ue4) Baroque ruins

vbaguirov
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
vbaguirov polycounter lvl 2
Here is the latest environment that Ive worked on:

Modeled in Maya / Zbrush / Marvelous, rendered in Ue4 and post in Photoshop:

Any feedback / critique is highly appreciated!

Replies

• tsmith3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tsmith3d ngon master
    Very nice work!
    One thing I would say is the small normal map details on the spiral pillars I'd say either take that detail off completely or make it larger secondary geometry detail IMAO ;)
  • Tetranome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tetranome polycounter lvl 6
    Cool! The light rays are really nicely done, and those bricks on the floor have really great depth!
    I'd make a closer shot of the light reacting with the skeleton? Almost didn't notice it!
  • Madwish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Madwish polycounter lvl 6
    Cool work! Skeletons are a nice touch!

It took me a little while to realize what the spiral columns were though. At first I thought they were some kind of big plants of something. My brain might be too logical on this one, but I would expect those columns to be broken considering that the floor and ceiling (probably way more solid than those columns) are broken.

Thinking about it though, I wonder if the scene wouldn't be stronger if you simply got rid of all those spiral columns altogether. It might seem a bit heavy handed, but they do not really add anything major to the scene (not a focus point) and they do distract from both the mirror/skeleton and the ivy. Could be worth trying. :)
  • FreneticPonies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FreneticPonies polycounter lvl 3
    Looks amazing! I read the spiral columns fine right away, but if other people were confused by them I suppose it's a problem.

Also not sure you should touch up anything in photoshop, shipping projects don't get to use it, and that lens flare at the bottom just feels distracting to me.
  • Grusti
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Grusti polycounter lvl 10
    Pretty nice atmosphere and good work with god rays! I immediately paid attention to sculpture.
    But why you placed cobblestones on floor in room?)