Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

RT-1523 Military Radio

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
Really trying to push my hard surface skills.  Any feedback is always appreciated

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/85dlR

Replies

• Daf57
    Offline / Send Message
    Daf57 polycounter lvl 9
    I think it looks great - all the details are there and spot on. Nice work! :)
  • Macebo
    Offline / Send Message
    Macebo hero character
    Hey man, nice job, I like it :) Good amount of details. Just two things i can suggest. The first is the screws. They are too pristine. What about some scratches, like the box was opened multiple times? Some scratches around them, like from a screwdriver? Just some thoughts!
    The other thing: i can't say if you used a normal map for the box. If you did use, however, i believe you should loosen those edges a little, they are too tight to be noticed. 
    Cheers!
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    Macebo said:
    Hey man, nice job, I like it :) Good amount of details. Just two things i can suggest. The first is the screws. They are too pristine. What about some scratches, like the box was opened multiple times? Some scratches around them, like from a screwdriver? Just some thoughts!
    The other thing: i can't say if you used a normal map for the box. If you did use, however, i believe you should loosen those edges a little, they are too tight to be noticed. 
    Cheers!
    Very solid points, totally missed that with the screws. I did use a normal for the box, and good catch on too tight