Home Technical Talk

[ Blender ] Object Pose Transform Issue

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
cody.rauh polycounter lvl 6
I created a custom armature for a frog in blender and posed that frog.
Unfortunately clear parent keep transform, does not allow me to export the pose.

I know there is a way to do it I have unfortunately forgotten how and having trouble finding
any documentation.

Anyone know the solution?

Replies

• MmAaXx
    Offline / Send Message
    MmAaXx polycounter lvl 10
    I don't understand.

• Yadoob
    Offline / Send Message
    Yadoob polycounter lvl 7
    Could you be more explicit about the result you want, the result you currently have and the exact problem you're facing (screenshots or .blend) ?

Did you try Apply Pose as Rest Pose (it actually change the deformation of the mesh so you could duplicate and apply armature on the duplicated object then relink them)?
  • kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    If you export your frog as an fbx and the default position is  the pose then it has to come in as that pose. If you want the frog to be in various positions then you could put in an animation keyframe at 0 and export along with the animation, but I dont know if that would be efficient. You should tell the folks here what it is you want to do exactly. Are you trying to export to a game engine or something else?
  • cody.rauh
    Offline / Send Message
    Ooops, sorry thought I had clearly explained what I am trying to do.

I am importing the model into an educational platform. Unfortunately the platform does not allow/read import of the model with armature data or pose data.

The model needs to be posed, which has been completed, and then the model needs to become static in it's pose without armature or animation. As if it was modeled in that position.

Essentially for the model to retain it's posed position independent of the armature.

So that way the model can be imported into the platform in the required pose without armature or animation data.

• Yadoob
    Offline / Send Message
    Yadoob polycounter lvl 7
    Well then you just have to copy it (to be sure you have a working version) and apply the armature modifier in the modifier stack :)
  • cody.rauh
    Offline / Send Message
    Yadoob said:
    Well then you just have to copy it (to be sure you have a working version) and apply the armature modifier in the modifier stack :)
    I am afraid I don't understand what that means, will you describe the process please.
  • Yadoob
    Offline / Send Message
    Yadoob polycounter lvl 7

+ Alt-P to clear parent with the skeleton at the end
  • cody.rauh
    Offline / Send Message
    Yadoob, thank you, thank you, and thank you again. I appreciate it so much, so simple can't believe I forgot, thank you.